More Puzzles

RegisterRegister Immediately 

Lateral Thinking - Preconceptions
Haircuts

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 am  by zozee

You walk in to a town and really need a haircut. A local tells you there are two barbers in the town, right opposite each other. In one barber shop, the barber has a very clean shop and a neat haircut. In the other, the barber is spinning around on one of the chairs with a scruffy haircut. You consider your options for a wile. Where should you go and why?

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:36 pm  by Senor Coolguy

You should go to the scruffy barber because it is unlikely a barber would cut his own hair. Therefore, given that these are the only two barbers in town, the scruffy barber must be the one who gave the other barber a nice haircut, while the nicely-cut barber must have done a terrible job with the scruffy barber's haircut.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:13 am  by gbecker

A barber is busy cutting hair. A man pokes his head in the door and asks "How long a wait will it be before I can get a haircut"
The barber replies "I have a lot of customers scheduled today. It will be about three hours."
The man says "Great I'll see you in three hours."
The man never returns.
This is repeated everyday for two weeks. The man never returns.
The barber tells his trainee "When he comes in again, follow him and see where he goes when he leaves here"
The trainee did as he was told. When the trainee returned, the barber asked "Where does he go after he leaves here"

What was the trainee's answer?

Your house!

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:38 am  by V7Theory

Easy, go to IHOP(tm) where they have great platters for family and friends!

Oh yeah, and as far as the answer is concerned, go to the scruffy man. Since even barbours don't cut their own hair all that often it means that scruffy mcfluffinbottoms was getting his hair cut by Neat-o McGriddins and vice versa. To further complicate the issue though, you've broken your femur. That's no riddle, you've just straight up broken your femur. Stinks, bro, stinks.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:12 pm  by revanth nani htnaver

usually second barber shop was dirty with another men implies that he was nice hair cutter

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 pm  by oncemoreforluck

i think it's what Senor Coolguy said. a barber wouldn't cut their own hair...Probably.

Reply to topic