More Puzzles

RegisterRegister Immediately 

Lateral Thinking - Preconceptions
A man is walking in the middle of a street.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 am  by tartle

A man is walking in the middle of a street. Street lights are off. He has worn black trouser and black shirt as also black shoes. He has covered his face with black cloth and wearing black specs. Colour of his hair is also black and he is moving from east to west. Suddenly, a speeding car approaching from opposite side applies brake and car is just stopped in front of the man.

How did car driver noticed that man?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:07 am  by porcelina

This scenario took place in broad daylight :)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:21 pm  by cat

He looked thru the windshield.

Also, the car was black and its tires were black, and they left black skid marks.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 am  by Chrisam

If it was daytime the man would be clearly seen but would it have been night the man may have been of clear skin and it was not stated he was wearing black shirt so his high tone may have been though slight but still visible. as in the dark area his chest would have reflected the most light... :shock: im just saying... what if.... i dont need to be right do i? i just need to ask why? and what if? :lol:

could i also add that there may have possibly been other sources of light...

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:27 am  by dave08

it is daytime. or if it is night, the car has its own light.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:38 pm  by smrao

man asked for a lift

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:48 pm  by agarhi

He was driving the toy car by a remote and stopped it right before him.

I couldn't think about the fact it was daylight. Perhaps reading "street lights were off" made me assume it was night. Bad !

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:40 pm  by Atanu

it is daytime OR if it is night, the car would spot the man with its head-light

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:18 am  by revanth nani htnaver

the car has head lights

Last edited by revanth nani htnaver on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:19 am; edited 3 times in total

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:19 am  by revanth nani htnaver

the car has head lights

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 pm  by oncemoreforluck

it's daytime

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 pm  by PurpleGiraffe

The car was not black and had an open window. The man saw the car and shouted at the driver that Susanne was in a boat. The driver was able to hear him through the open window but could not understand him properly because he was speeding, hence he understood "Anne is on the road". The driver believed that his wife, who was named Anne, was somewhere on the road and stopped as quickly as possible to avoid running over her.

Wed May 30, 2018 9:45 pm  by bedead

Its daytime

Reply to topic