More Puzzles

RegisterRegister Immediately 

Tangible Puzzles
You're trapped alone in an elevator stuck between floors.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:19 am  by tartle

You're trapped alone in an elevator stuck between floors. The escape hatch is locked shut. The emergency phone has a flat tone and you can't dial out. You know that no one will find you for at least 48 hours, no matter how much noise you make. You have the following items...

1 16-oz bottle of water.
1 cellphone (but you can't get reception)
1 bean burrito wrapped in aluminum foil
1 ballpoint pen
1 pencil
1 pair of laced dress shoes
1 pair of wool socks
1 pair of slacks
1 dress shirt
1 pair of tighty whities
1 leather belt with a metal buckle
1 wool jacket
1 generic watch
1 wad of random papers in your pocket
1 pocket knife
1 packet of breath mints
1 comb

There is electricity in the elevator.

How do you get out?

Note: Elevator escape hatches are often locked shut to keep stupid people from messing around up there.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm  by EthelAardvaark

Wait 48 hours

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:50 pm  by Excursion

is this something where you A: use everything to get out. or B: Discard almost everything so it's a trick? PS: With all those items in an elevator, you'd look really stupid!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:25 pm  by dado

There is electricity in the elevator... u've probably accidentally clicked the stop button... You just have to click the floor u want to get to now.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 pm  by gussy05

i've got papers but no tobaco, this isn't me you're describing. sorry

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm  by Allstar

If I could identify a fire alarm, I might try to trip it by using the burrito wrapper and cell phone battery to create a spark and ignite some of the random papers in my pocket, holding them up to the smoke detector with the comb or pocket knife attempting to summon the fire department.

I might also attempt to pry open the elevator doors, using the pocket knife to jimmy the door open enough to use my fingers, then doing the same with the outer doors. Though the elevator is stuck between floors, you should be able to reach the door above or below.

Otherwise, I'll spend a couple days eating a burrito and some mints, drinking water, playing games on my cell phone, sleeping etc.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:59 am  by polarsystem

Wow, I don't know you can be silly enough to stuck in an elevator wwith electricity.
And with the things you have, I guess you are a girl and you planned to go camping today right? :)

Reply to topic